The Events Team at this leafy London Borough are a busy, creative, tight knit group of vibrant professionals who are looking for someone to join the team to work on their Outdoor Community and Corporate Events – which take place in the Boroughs Parks and Open Spaces.
Reporting into the Events Manager, the Events Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day venue/site/location management of events taking place in all outdoor event spaces across the Borough’s parks and open spaces. Responsibilities include initial booking of event, to co-ordinating site logistics and contractor briefings, and supporting corporate and community hirers to ensure that they deliver safe and successful events in public spaces. Events would vary from Outdoor Cinema, Funfairs, Festivals, Art Shows, Corporate Summer Parties and Sports days… and varied community/public events.
We are looking for someone who has previous experience with event applications and health and safety paperwork/licencing in parks, outdoor venues, festival sites or local authorities. Someone equally comfortable with advising and liaising with professional event companies as well as supporting first time community organisers. And someone who can balance their commitment to not overwhelming the public spaces but also with a keen understanding of achieving income targets.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Providing information about the availability of spaces, quotes, and carry out site visits
- Briefing clients on Terms & Conditions for hire and licenses, as required, and supporting clients making event applications, and ensuring all event application paperwork per event is complete and compliant with the requirements of the Event Policy
- Attending technical or production meetings and participating in Safety Advisory Group meetings
- Inspecting sites before their occupation, formally handing over sites to event organisers, regular checks of works on the sites before, during and after events, and formally accepting sites back from organisers on completion of the event
- Attending events to provide onsite support and ensuring that organisers adhere to the solutions of their Risk Assessments and Event Management Plans to achieve successful operational delivery
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety procedures and standards are maintained to ensure safe working practices for all staff, Clients, Public and Contractors in the working environment
- Ensuring that the appropriate levels of Policing/Security/Stewarding are provided for each event, liaising with Contractors such as Grounds Maintenance and Electricians for services requires for events and ensure that the Client is invoiced for services used
- Liaising closely with the Events Team and other park-based services to ensure that the wider Park events / activity programmes are coordinated properly.
- Assisting with the physical set up and dismantling of events, including the management of contractors and suppliers and the distribution and return of events equipment / stores and vehicles as required
Key skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in parks, outdoor venues/sites or local authorities with processing event applications and health and safety paperwork, understand outdoor event requirements
- Confidence and patience in advising first time event organisers
- Excellent written skills with a high level of confidence speaking to members of the public, other staff, clients and senior management
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects against tight deadlines, methodical and hands-on
- Proactive approach and pride yourself on going the extra mile to create best customer experience possible
- Confident driver with a full clean driving licence
- Ability to work autonomously under the direction from senior team members
- Flexible working to include weekends, early mornings and late nights as required for events (time off in lieu given)
This is a great opportunity to work in a busy and buzzy team, on a wide range of colourful community events in the great green outdoors! If you come with proven experience of outdoor events and are looking for a fab new role and team … click APPLY now!