Great opportunity for a super-organised and efficient Event Co-ordinator with excellent administration skills to deliver the educational seminar programme at this leading Professional Association supporting some of our most important professionals within the medical sector.
Organisation & Context
You’ll be joining the friendly and supportive events team at this leading Professional Body within the medical sector. The Events team deliver a range of events, from conferences and networking to a world-renowned professional educational seminar programme, to support their members and the critical role they play in healthcare provision. Over the past year, with the introduction of virtual events, their professional training programme has grown in it’s volume and reach, and they are looking to bring in a new member of the team to take lead responsibility for the seminar programme delivery. This role brings a competitive salary and excellent benefits, and the opportunity to work with the prestigous professional body for some of our most important medical sector professionals.
With the guidance of the Events Manager, you’ll take the lead on their busy seminar programme -(their format may be online, hybrid or in-person - currently all virtual) to ensure KPIs are met. You’ll be responsible for all logistics and co-ordination of all meetings, webinars and seminars in this prestigious programme with particular attention to quality, deadlines and accuracy, as well as taking responsiblity for the continual development of the programme moving forward. You'll also get the opportunity to work with other members of the team on specific elements of other varied events (eg speaker management on annual flagship events). Your role will be across the key elements of:
- Seminar logistics (virtual, hybrid, face2face) (c. 40 events p/a)
- Supporting other members of the team on logistical elements of other events
- Finance/budget management (including pricing)
- Marketing (scheduling of marketing activities, web updates etc, member communication)
- Continual improvement (working with Board lead to ensure programme is kept innovative and fresh in terms of topics and format)
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Forward planning and scheduling to maximise lead times for marketing of the seminars programme, keeping website and member communications uptodate
- Responsible for all organiser, speaker, and delegate management for seminars making sure all requirements are accurately recorded and that their needs are met before, during and after the seminar
- Online Seminars: setup and run any online seminar or webinar (currently Go to Webinar and Zoom)
- Inhouse or regional f2f events: To be responsible for on the day running of the seminars, organising requirements for all internal educational meetings, to include room layout, catering and audiovisual, organise travel and accommodation for faculty as advised.
- Help prepare delegate, speaker and exhibitor materials for meetings and seminars.
- To undertake all delegate correspondence, sharing responsibility to monitor and take ownership of the general events inbox. Deal with initial enquiries, to confirm bookings and to process cancellations and ensure queries are resolved prior to the meetings.
- Use of the Association CRM, and keep accurate records of booking numbers and patterns and to report progress to the team on a weekly basis.
We’re looking for a super-organised and super-efficient co-ordinator experienced in running online events. You’ll bring proven experience of event co-ordination, administration and logistics, including online seminars, ideally from an Association/Membership body environment. Medical Sector experience is highly desirable but not essential. You’ll be used to and enjoy a busy work load, a role where communication, planning and delivery are all essential elements. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team to ensure your membership receive a fantastic service and go the extra mile to ensure the profession is brilliantly supported. Key candidate requirements include:
- Experience in running online events (GotoWebinar or Zoom ideally) (as well as f2f event logistics)
- Experience working in an educational or professional body/association events teams (ideally educational events, seminars etc) highly desirable
- Medical sector experience would be great to have
- Excellent admin, event co-ordination, and communication skills
- Experience of event admin and logistics – (delegate and speaker communications, venue, scheduling, preparing materials etc, pricing, budget etc – for both online and face-to-face events)
- Capable of remaining calm under pressure and working to deadlines, confident to use own initiative and manage own workload, anticipating and proactively solving important issues
- Well organised with ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively with strong time management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Enthusiastic and able to work as part of a team
- Confident communicating with people at all levels while maintaining a high standard of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, council, members and external contacts
If this role sounds the sort of role and organisation you’d like to be part of, and you tick the boxes for what they need in this really key role … then please GET IN TOUCH NOW as interviewing ASAP for an ASAP start!