UN endorsed policy body (sustainability) seeks experienced Event Director to lead development and delivery of global event programme – mat cover, 3 days per week.
UN endorsed organisation which promotes best practice within the global finance/investment sector integrating environmental, social and corporate governance issues - developing partnerships and events that bring together policy makers, academics, the media, the UN and industry professionals globally.
The organisation hosts over 100 events globally each year, ranging from their 1,000+ flagship conference, to smaller roundtables of CEOs and informal networking drinks.
The (interim) Director of Events will cover for the existing Director of Events during their maternity leave – and take responsibility for steering forward the organisation’s global programme of events. The Director will be responsible for providing direction, coaching and support to the Events team (which includes a Conference Content Manager, and a Senior Logistics Manager), particularly in the run up to their major annual Conference (September). This role will also be responsible for taking forward plans for growing the global events offering by developing and rolling out a series of high-profile regional conferences/events that bring together signatories, policy makers, academics and the media. Overseeing budgets, reporting etc.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and co-ordinate internal and external teams and resources to deliver global events on time and within budget
- Provide oversight and leadership to a team of professionals, supporting their development and managing their performance effectively to help the team fulfil their potential (across content and logistics)
- Implement the organisations event strategy through the analysis of previous events performance and competitor activity, maintaining a pipeline of innovative events across multiple channels that support the organisations objectives
- Help oversee the research and development of conference topics and draft agendas for key events globally, and responding to market developments and signatory demands, in consultation with colleagues, signatories and other stakeholders, oversee the sourcing and recruitment of speakers and high profile keynotes
- Manage team’s business planning, resource management and budgeting
- Provide regular reporting to the Executive Leadership team and board as required
- Project and stakeholder management
- Partnerships - work closely with Head of Partnerships to maximise sponsorship opportunities
You’ll be a senior level events candidate, who brings a solid track record at Event Director level - ideally from within the financial/investment industry, business, sustainability or economics sectors. Experienced working across a diverse range of event formats and sizes globally, across programme and content development and operational delivery. Able to develop relationships and work in close consultation with varied industry and internal stakeholders. Team management and leadership skills, across both content and logistics operations, excellent stakeholder management and project management skills, diplomatic, innovative - strategic yet happy to get your hands dirty.
- Track record of leading events and managing medium-to-large scale conferences/events – from conception to completion. Experience of managing events in Financial Services is preferable
- Knowledge and/or interest in, investment and financial services is preferable.
- Team leadership experience - proven people management and leadership skills and experience
- Ability to research and identify market trends, hot topics and speakers and convert these to compelling live events ahead of competitors would be beneficial
- Experience of recruiting and managing C-level speakers/VIP/keynotes is essential
- Experience adding new or innovative conference features, content or formats that drive increased delegate attendance, engagement and satisfaction
- Sector experience within financial, sustainability, business or economics highly desirable
- Excellent networking, relationship management and interpersonal skills – ability to forge long term relationships with industry leaders and senior level contacts - collaborative and consultative approach to working with others
- Past experience in developing and managing strategy, business plans and resourcing requirements
- Excellent programme management skills, with experience in design projects and delivering successfully through others by providing timely and constructive advice to teams on their objectives and performance
- As this is a global role, international travel will be required
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and high profile organisation and take a lead role to showcase your exceptional content development, event programming and stakeholder management skills and deliver a high profile global event programme.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the “Apply” button now.