Fabulous mat cover role working in support of the Clerk (CEO) of London Livery Company to deliver events and communications for membership, and in support of their particular trade and charitable causes.
City of London Livery Company, who have a programme of varied events, support and promote their particular trade, have an active policy of charitable grant giving, and play a full part in the life of the City of London. They run a prestigious annual design awards event, support charities, and have a busy and social membership, and a varied programme of social and fundraising events.
12 month maternity cover, you’ll be working to support the Clerk (as Assistant Clerk) and in the main your responsibilities will focus on their events and communications. You’ll be a key member of their small central team, have lots of member contact, and be involved in all aspects of the Livery Companies activities and busy events calender.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Main coordinator for the annual creative design competition and it’s associated events
- Devise and deliver Livery Company events (receptions, dinners etc often with VIP attendance eg Lord Mayor) within livery hall venue liasing with Hall Manager and all suppliers
- Lead on organising events for younger members
- Liaise and work closely with committees - provision of administrative support to the Chairmen of certain committees
- Take the lead on co-ordinating the charitable activities including assessment of grant bids and organisation of charitable events.
- Update the content of the Company’s website, and create promotional material for the Hall and the Awards event, liaising with designers to produce annual publications.
- General support to the Clerk as required
The successful candidate will need to be confident, well presented, with excellent communication skills, flexible and enjoys working across varied tasks, with an excellent track record of delivering events. You’ll have:
- Excellent event management experience, with experience of working on a range of events, including receptions, dinners and hi-end corporate hospitality, ideally within a corporate setting
- Proven skills in project management and administration.
- Experience producing marketing collateral, liaising with designers etc
- Ideally have experience dealing with committees (or varied stakeholders) – and a flexible, patient and diplomatic manner
- You will be proactive, capable of working independently and under pressure as part of a small permanent staff.
- You will have proficient IT skills, a meticulous eye for detail, sound organisational ability and excellent communication skills including the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Presence, an ability to perform confidently in public, well developed inter-personal skills, a good memory for names and faces and a sense of humour are essential.
- An interest in design, traditional crafts and/or antiques is useful (not essential)
This is a wonderful, diverse role and would suit someone who enjoys working within a membership or corporate environment, with personality, excellent interpersonal skills, proven event management expertise, and an exceptional eye for detail – it is a full time position to provide maternity cover for 12 months from mid May.
Ticking the boxes? If your background and interest is a strong match, then we very much look forward to hearing from you for this fantastic role ... click APPLY now!